What happens during the Blood Pressure Check?
One of our trained pharmacy team will take your blood pressure in our private consultation room. They will explain your results to you and offer you and advice and support that you may need to best manage your blood pressure. If needed, they may refer you to your doctor.
Who is this service for?
All adults should have their blood pressure checked- high blood pressure doesn't always come with signs and symptoms so a test could be the only way to find out.
The following people at at an increased risk of high blood pressure:
- Older adults- more than 50% of people over the age of 60 have high blood pressure
- Those with a family history of high blood pressure or heart disease
- Overweight adults
- People of Asian or African-Caribbean descent
- Women who drink more than 2-3 units of alcohol a day
- Men who drink more than 3-4 units of alcohol per day
- Those who have a high salt diet including salt in processed foods.
- People who don't eat five portions of fruit and vegetables per day
Our Blood Pressure Check is not available to people who fall into the following categories:
- Those under 16
- Pregnant women
- Those who have had a mastectomy
- Those who have had their lymph glands removed
- Those who have fistulas
In these cases, please speak to your doctor if you have any blood pressure concerns.