Beechams PowdersRegular price £3.72
What’s it for?
Symptomatic relief of influenza, feverishness, chills and colds, feverish colds. Mild to moderate pain including headache, migraine, neuralgia, toothache, sore throat, period pains, aches and pains, rheumatic pain and muscular aches and pains.
How to Use
- Over 16 years and elderly: 1 powder in water every 3-4 hours as required.
- Maximum 6 powders in any 24 hours.
- Discontinue if pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days (or more than 3 days for fever).
- Under 16 years: not to be given except on medical advice.
Warnings & Cautions
- Do not take Beechams powders if you are allergic to aspirin, caffeine or to any of the other ingredients
- Do not take if you have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding of the stomach
- Do not take if you have blood clotting disorders (haemophilia)
- Aspirin can cause asthma attacks, tightening of the chest or other allergic reactions
- People with sensitive stomachs may suffer stomach irritation and may experience bleeding (you may pass blood in your stools or vomit blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds)
- If you do get any side effects, even those not mentioned, tell your doctor or pharmacist
- If you take more than the recommended dose contact your doctor
- Do not use this medicine after the 'EXP' date shown on the pack
- Take special care with Beechams Powders - there is a possible association between aspirin and Reye's syndrome when given to children under 16 years. Reye's syndrome is a very rare disease which affects the brain and liver and can be fatal
- Ask your doctor before you take this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Consult your doctor if you suffer from asthma, allergic disease, kidney or liver problems before taking
- Ask your doctor before use if you are taking any prescribed medicines; particularly methotrexate; blood-thinning drugs (anticoagulants); oral hypoglycaemics (to lower blood glucose) or medicines for treating gout
- Talk to your medical professional if you have been told by your doctor you have an intolerance to some sugars
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children
- Store below 25°C in a dry place
White powder containing:
- Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) 600mg
- Caffeine 50mg