Canesten CreamRegular price £9.19
What’s it for?
Treatment of fungal skin infections including athlete's foot, fungal sweat rash, ringworm, candidal nappy rash, vulvitis and balanitis. Do not use for nail or scalp infections.
How to Use
- Adults and children: apply thinly 2 or 3 times daily rubbing in gently.
- Use for at least one month for dermatophyte and at least two weeks for candidal infections.
Warnings & Cautions
Do not use Canesten cream:
- If you (or your baby if treating nappy rash) are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (please see leaflet enclosed with your medicine), including cetostearyl alcohol, of Canesten cream.
- To treat nail or scalp infections.
Important information about some of the ingredients:
This product contains cetostearyl alcohol which may cause local skin irritation (e.g. rash, itching or redness).
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Canesten cream if you are taking any prescribed medicines.
As with other creams, Canesten cream may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. Consequently, if you are using this cream on the vulva or penis, you should use alternative precautions for at least five days after using this product.
If you are pregnant, breast-feeding or trying for a baby, tell your doctor or midwife before using Canesten cream. If you have informed your doctor or midwife already, follow his/her instructions carefully.
- Cream containing: Clotrimazole 1% w/w