Gaviscon InfantRegular price £9.83
What’s it for?
Helps to prevent gastric regurgitation in infants where competence of the cardiac sphincter has not been fully established. The indications for use are gastric regurgitation, gastro-oesophageal reflux and reflux associated with hiatus hernia in infants and young children.
How to Use
- For oral use after mixing with water or milk feed.
- Infants under 10lbs/4.5kg: 1 sachet.
- Over 10lbs/4.5kg: 2 sachets.
- Bottle-fed infants: mix each sachet into 115ml (4 fl. oz.) of feed in the bottle. Shake well.
- Breast fed infants and other infants up to 2 years: mix each sachet with 5ml (1 teaspoon) of cooled boiled water until a smooth paste is formed. Add another 10ml (2 teaspoons) of cooled boiled water and mix.
- For breast fed infants give part way through each feed or meal using a spoon or feeding bottle.
- For all other infants give at the end of each meal, using a spoon or feeding bottle.
- Should not be administered more than 6 times in 24 hours.
- Not to be used in premature infants or infants under one year except under medical supervision.
- Not suitable for children over 2 years, adults or the elderly.
Sachet of powder containing:
- Sodium Alginate 225mg
- Magnesium Alginate 87.5mg