NiQuitin 21mg,14mg, 7mg PatchRegular price £17.99
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
What’s it for?
- Relief and prevention of craving and nicotine withdrawal symptoms associated with tobacco dependence. An aid to smokers wishing to quit or reduce prior to quitting.
- To assist smokers unwilling or unable to smoke and as a safer alternative to smoking for smokers and those around them.
- Indicated in pregnant and lactating women making a quit attempt. If possible use in conjunction with behavioural support.
How to Use
- Adult smokers 18 years or over: 10 or more cigarettes a day, start with Step 1 for 6 weeks, then continue with Step 2 for 2 weeks, then finish with Step 3 for 2 weeks.
- Less than 10 cigarettes, start with Step 2 for 6 weeks, then finish with Step 3 for 2 weeks.
- Treatment may be continued beyond 10 weeks if needed to stay smoke-free. However those having difficulty discontinuing patches should seek professional advice.
- Gradual cessation: use 21mg patch daily for 2-4 weeks and continue to smoke as needed. After 2-4 weeks quit smoking completely and use the 21mg patch for 6 weeks, then step 2 and 3 as for abrupt cessation.
- Reduction in smoking: use patches and continue to smoke as needed, reducing the number of cigarettes as far as possible. If using patches regularly after 6 months seek professional advice.
- Temporary abstinence: use patch to control withdrawal symptoms when smoking is being avoided. If using patches regularly after 6 months seek professional advice.
- Apply patch to clean skin site once a day, preferably on waking. Remove patch after 24 hours and apply new patch to fresh skin site.
- Patches may be removed before going to bed if desired. Only one patch to be worn at a time. See pack leaflet for further information.
- Adolescents (12-17 years): follow adult schedule for abrupt cessation. If unable to stop abruptly professional advice should be sought.
- Children: not recommended.
Warnings & Cautions
- If you get a persistent skin reaction, remove the patch and tell your doctor
- For professional advice on medicines consult your pharmacist
- Do not use if you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed on the side panel
- Do not use if you are a non-smoker, an occasional smoker, or under 18 years old
- Do not use if you are in hospital because of heart problems (unless your doctor tells you to)
- If you have serious liver or kidney disease, uncontrolled overactive thyroid gland, or phaeochromocytoma, please consult a healthcare professional before use
- If you are pregnant, please consult a healthcare professional before use
NiQuitin 21mg (Step 1) 114mg nicotine per 22cm2
NiQuitin 14mg (Step 2) 78mg nicotine per 15cm2
NiQuitin 7mg (Step 3) 36mg nicotine per 7cm2