NiQuitin Minis Mint 1.5mg LozengesRegular price £16.99
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
What’s it for?
- Relief/prevention of craving and nicotine withdrawal symptoms associated with tobacco dependence.
- An aid to smokers wishing to quit or reduce prior to quitting, to assist smokers unwilling or unable to smoke or as a safer alternative to smoking.
- Indicated in pregnant and lactating women making a quit attempt.
How to Use
- 18 years and over who smoke 20 cigarettes a day or less: Abrupt cessation: use the lozenges whenever there is an urge to smoke.
- Sufficient lozenges should be used each day, usually 8-12. Continue use for up to 6 weeks to break the habit of smoking, then gradually reduce lozenge use.
- When daily use is 1-2 lozenges, use should be stopped. A healthcare professional should be consulted if having difficulty discontinuing lozenges.
- Adolescents (12-17 years): follow schedule of treatment described for abrupt cessation. A healthcare professional should be consulted if not ready or not able to quit abruptly.
- Gradual cessation: use a lozenge whenever there is a strong urge to smoke in order to reduce the number of cigarettes smoked, then start on the schedule for abrupt cessation.
- If reduction in cigarette consumption has not been achieved after 6 weeks a healthcare professional should be consulted.
- Reduction in smoking: use a lozenge whenever there is a strong urge to smoke to reduce the number of cigarettes as far as possible.
- Temporary abstinence: use a lozenge every 1-2 hours to control withdrawal symptoms including craving.
- Professional advice should be sought if unable to make a permanent quit attempt after 6 months. Maximum 15 lozenges a day.
- The lozenge should be moved from one side of the mouth to the other, and repeated, until the lozenge is completely dissolved (about 10 minutes). Do not chew or swallow whole.
- Under 12 years: not recommended.
Warnings & Cautions
- Do not use:
- If you are a non-smoker or under the age of 18 years
- If you have or recently had heart problems
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed below
- If you have serious liver or kidney disease; uncontrolled, overactive thyroid gland or phaeochromocytoma; stomach ulcers or other problems with your stomach or throat
Per lozenge: Nicotine (1.5mg as Nicotine Resinate), Mannitol (E421), Sodium alginate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Bicarbonate, Calcium Polycarbophil, Sodium Carbonate Anhydrous, Acesulfame Potassium, Magnesium Stearate and Flavours.