Phenergan Night Time 25mg Film Coated TabletsRegular price £4.99
What’s it for?
For short term use in the treatment of insomnia in adults and as a sedative in the over 16s.
How to Use
- Over 16 years: 1 or 2 tablets as a single night time dose.
- Under 16 years: not to be used.
Warnings & Cautions
Do not take this medicine if:
- The person taking the medicine is under 5 years of age
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to promethazine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of Phenergan Tablets. The signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
- You are taking a medicine for depression called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Also do not take Phenergan Tablets if you have stopped taking one of these MAOI medicines within the last 14 days. If you are not sure ask your doctor or pharmacist
- The person is unconscious (in a coma) or suffers from severe dizziness, drowsiness or headache Do not take this medicine if any of the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Phenergan Tablets
Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking your medicine if:
- You have difficulty breathing, wheezing, tightness in the chest (asthma) or an infection in your lungs (bronchitis)
- You have epilepsy
- You have any serious heart problems
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You have a stomach blockage or difficulty passing water (urine)
- You have hearing problems
- You have increased pressure in the eye (narrow angle glaucoma)
- You have had something called Reye's Syndrome or possible Reye's Syndrome signs include being sick and confused following a viral illness If you are not sure if any of the above apply to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Phenergan Tablets.
Do not take this medicine, and tell your doctor, if you are taking or have taken the following in the last 2 weeks:
- Some medicines for depression called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). If you are not sure ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking Phenergan Tablets. This is because it can affect the way the medicine works.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, might become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant.
- Phenergan Tablets should not be taken 2 weeks before birth.
- You should not take Phenergan Tablets if you are breast-feeding. This is because small amounts may pass into mothers' milk. This can be harmful to your baby. If you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
- You may feel drowsy or sleepy after taking this medicine or in the morning after taking this medicine. If this happens, do not drive or use any tools or machines.
- Phenergan Tablets contains lactose: this is a type of sugar. If you have been told by your doctor that you cannot tolerate or digest some sugars (have an intolerance to some sugars), talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Phenergan 10mg tablets if you are taking any prescribed medicines.
- Film coated tablet containing: Promethazine hydrochloride 25mg