Voltarol Osteoarthritis Joint Pain Relief 1.16% GelRegular price £5.79
What’s it for?
The local symptomatic relief of pain and inflammation in trauma of the tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints (e.g. due to sprains, strains and bruises) and localised forms of soft tissue rheumatism. Relief of pain of non-serious arthritic conditions.
How to Use
- Adults and children over 14 years: depending on the size of the affected site to be treated 2-4g (a circular shaped mass approximately 2-2.5cm in diameter) should be applied 3-4 times a day. Rub gently onto the skin. Limit treatment to 14 days.
- For arthritis pain it may be necessary to apply the gel for up to 7 days before an improvement in pain is noticed.
- Under 14 years: not to be used.
Warnings & Cautions
- Before use, read the enclosed leaflet carefully
- Do not use if you are allergic to, or ever had an asthma attack, wheezing, urticaria (hives), or a runny nose after taking aspirin or other NSAID pain/anti-inflammatory medicine, or if you are sensitive to diclofenac or any other ingredient of the gel
- Do not use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Do not use if you are taking diclofenac or other NSAID tablets
- Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you have asthma, have ever had a stomach or duodenal ulcer, or are taking any prescribed medicines
- Do not apply to cuts, wounds, sunburned skin or other area where the skin is abnormal, or near the eyes or nasal area
- This medicine is not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age
- Do not cover with a bandage or plaster
- Do not use Voltarol emulgel P for more than 14 days, unless longer treatment is recommended by a doctor
- The gel can be applied to a maximum of two joints (such as your knees and elbows). If you need to apply the gel to more than 2 joints, consult your doctor
- If symptoms persist for longer than 7 days, consult your doctor
- Do not use more than 100 g of Voltarol emulgel P in one week
- Pierce tube seal with spiked top of cap
- Do not use if seal is broken
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children
- Protect from heat (store below 30°C)
Active Ingredient: Diclofenac Diethylammonium 1.16% w/w.
Also contains: Diethylamine, Carbomer, Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether, Cocoyl Caprylocaprate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Liquid Paraffin, Perfume, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water.